Announcement of the Lewis-McChord Joint Base.
JOINT BASE LEWIS-MCCHORD, Wash. – Due to bad weather and unsafe driving conditions, these dangers warrant changes in reporting to JBLM for Thursday, December 30.
- Military Service Members – Only mission essential service members (as defined by commanders at O6 level and above) are required to report for duty. Morning physical training is canceled. Military personnel should contact their chain of command for specific instructions.
- Civilian Army Personnel – Mission critical civilian personnel will report for duty as scheduled. Everyone else is entitled to extra time to get to work, but must report for work no later than 9:00 a.m. Contact your supervisor for specific instructions.
- Air Force members and civilian personnel should refer to the guidelines of their specific organizational chain of command.
- Madigan employees will follow Madigan Army Medical Center guidelines for reporting times.
Services – Madigan Army Medical Center:
- Madigan Army Medical Center will begin at 9 a.m. for ambulatory care, pharmacy, and lab. COVID tests are open from 8 a.m. to noon. Appointments before 9 a.m. will be postponed. Patients with appointments at 9 a.m. or later will go as scheduled. The first surgeries will proceed as planned. If you don’t want to drive to your appointment tomorrow or for the next few days due to weather conditions, you can call or message your provider and healthcare team to change your appointment or check with them for a telehealth / virtual appointment. Patients can also call the Puget Sound Military Appointment Center at 1-800-404-4506 to cancel or change your appointment. If Madigan staff have questions, please consult your supervisor.
Services – Department of Family and Morale, Welfare and Leisure (DFMWR):
- The Madigan and McChord Child Development Centers (CDC) will open at 7 a.m. for mission-critical personnel only. Visit the DFMWR Facebook page (www.facebook.com/JBLMmwr) for the specifics of the CDC and the School Age Center (SAC).
- MWR facilities will operate with a two hour delay with opening hours no later than 9 a.m., but will close at 3 p.m.
- McVeigh, Wilson and McChord Fitness Centers will operate with 24/7 access for pre-registered customers. All fitness centers will open at 9 a.m.
- For further information on MWR installations and programs, stay tuned to www.facebook.com/JBLMmwr.
Services – Directorate of Staff and Family Preparation (DPFR):
- Waller Hall closed for walking services; mission essential services and appointments only.
- The Stone Education Center and the Hawk Career Center are closed.
- DPFR McChord open only for Mission Essential services
- Closed Crittenberger Conference Center
Please call the Lewis McChord Joint Base Operational Hotline at 253-967-1733 for updated road conditions on JBLM.
Interactions with readers