The Clarion County MH / DD / Transportation department currently has an opening for an Administrative Assistant.
POSITION: Administrative assistant, non-exempt, full time, 80 hours per pay
DEPARTMENT: Mental Health (HD) / Developmental Disability (DD), Clarion, PA
PAY LEVEL: $ 29,390.40 – $ 32,329.44 / year
ADVANTAGES: Until family coverage for health, dental and vision insurance in effect on the first of the month following the date of hire (employee pays 12.5% ââof premium, county pays 87.5%). Annual allowance of $ 1,500 if you do not need county insurance. No-cost life insurance coverage for employees. 5 vacation days the first year, 10 vacation days from the second year, 3 personal days per year, 10 sick days per year, 13 paid holidays. Enrollment in the Clarion County Pension Plan (acquired after 5 years, eligible for retirement at age 55 with 20 years of service).
DATE DISPLAY: Thursday 2 December 2021
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Thursday 16 December 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
QUALIFICATIONS: A bachelor’s degree and one year of experience in administrative support; or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
HOW TO REGISTER
A county request is obligatory be considered for the position to be filled.
Applications are available on: www.co.clarion.pa.us/how_do_i/apply_for/employment_opportunities/index.php
OVERALL OBJECTIVE OF THE WORK
Provide administrative support to county mental health administration staff. This includes contract reconciliation, contract management and coordination. This position will also verify the accuracy of billing by reviewing vendor notes to compare against contracted services. The administrator. The Assistant will collect, record, store and disseminate information to local, state, federal and private agencies through various means and processes.
ESSENTIAL WORK FUNCTIONS
- Performs various tasks related to supplier relations
- Participate in meetings of mental health stakeholders. Prepares and schedules Mental Health Advisory Council meetings to include dates, times, location, invitations and agendas / li>
- Manage contracts in accordance with the processes and procedures established by the Clarion County Mental Health Department and the Council of Commissioners
- Prepares budget estimates and various other fiscal and statistical reports regarding contracts, services and annual data reports
- Monitor and ensure that all assigned programs meet contractual deliverables as determined by the Department of Mental Health or other contractual entities
- Ensures the preparation of all amendments to contracts between the Clarion mental health department and its service and business providers, including maintaining the protocol for the preparation, completion and dissemination of contracts; editorial overview; and monitoring of the receipt of completed contracts in accordance with Annex âCâ MH / DD / EI
- Participate in audits of service providers contracted by the Department of Mental Health. Provide comments or reviews of corrective actions to suppliers during a post-audit interview
- Perform project management and task tracking, including assigning tasks, setting deadlines and schedules, updating materials and compiling results; ensures effective prioritization and planning of people, events and items requiring special attention
- Assists the Mental Health Administrator / Deputy Administrator in various specialized administrative projects and tasks and operates in accordance with federal, state and local guidelines
- Reads and interprets documents such as program requirements and regulations, procedure manuals and service orders
- Organizes meetings at the request of the administrator / deputy administrator of MH
- Master several software such as HCSIS, PROMISE and E-System
- Drafts letters, memos, reports and other ministerial correspondence as required. Reviews and recommends content, formatting, layout, etc.
- Responds to inquiries from other county departments, external agencies, staff and the public, directing them to the appropriate area as needed
- Data entry and reports on places such as PICS (ACT 77) and CCRI POMS, E-System
- Collect and process statistics collected from the BSU
- Maintain quality relationships with BHARP and CCBHO
OTHER WORK TASKS
- Attend staffing, training and other meetings as required.
- Proficiency in computer programs
- Performs other job-related work as required
Reports directly to the Mental Health Administrator and receives occasional instruction and supervision regarding daily work tasks.
- Works indoors with adequate workspace, lighting, temperature and ventilation
- Operates with average indoor noise and stress exposure, but subject to frequent disturbance
- Operates with average indoor exposure to dust / dirt, noise, stress and disturbance.
- Periodically visits other work sites as needed
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL CONDITIONS
- Must have the ability to record, transmit and present information, explain procedures and follow instructions
- Must possess the senses of hearing, sight, speech and reasoning necessary to perform the duties of the job.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time during the work day, frequently standing, walking and bending, twisting, bending, reaching and grabbing as necessary to complete tasks essentials of work
- The dexterity requirements range from simple movements to coordinated finger / hand movements; simple movements of the feet / legs / torso necessary to accomplish the tasks of the job
- Light work, with occasional lifting / carrying of objects weighing between 20 and 30 pounds
- Must be able to cope with the physical and mental stress of the position
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail and concentrate on the job
A bachelor’s degree and one year of experience in administrative support; or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
Special Requirement Necessary: ââMust have a Pennsylvania driver’s license.
- Must work with employer to request state police criminal history of Law 34 PA, Child Abuse Law 151, and FBI pre-employment clearances. All authorizations must reflect acceptable results.
- Should not appear on exclusion lists as defined by Pennsylvania’s Medical Assistance Bulletin 99-11-05.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must be able to speak and understand the English language and follow oral and written instructions
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills
- Must possess the ability to function independently, have flexibility and personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with clients, authorities, colleagues and others
- Must have technical knowledge of the use of personal computers and other office equipment
- Must have a general knowledge of modern office practices and procedures and have the ability to apply them to essential job tasks and develop efficiencies
- Must possess the ability to perform simple mathematical calculations with reasonable accuracy and speed
- Must have the ability to learn county, state and federal rules and regulations, procedures and practices
- Must be willing and able to work under strict rules of confidentiality with respect to client information and records
- Must have the ability to prepare and maintain files and reports
- Must be able to type accurately and efficiently
- Must have the ability to draft responses to routine correspondence
- Must be comfortable with a variety of computer applications and software
- Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple schedules and / or projects accurately and efficiently
- Must have the skills to prepare, edit and format grammatically correct written documents
HOW TO REGISTER
A county application and transcripts should be considered for the advertised vacancy. Applications are only accepted for positions in which the county is actively recruitment. Applications received for unannounced positions or general / general applications will be rejected.
Applications are available:
- Online by visiting:
- In person by visiting the Clarion County Human Resources Office on the 2nd Floor of the Administration Building located at 330 Main Street, Clarion, PA 16214
- By fax or e-mail. You must contact the Clarion County Human Resources Office by calling 814-226-4000 EXT 2909 to share your email or fax number.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Thursday 16 December 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
CLARION COUNTY IS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
CANDIDATES WHO NEED SPECIAL HOUSING DUE TO A DISABILITY MUST CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT 814-226-4000 EXT 2909 FOR ASSISTANCE.
Copyright Â© 2021 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution, or retransmission of content from this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.