On-air reporter Erika Erickson announces her departure from Fox 2


After nearly a decade at the Fox Affiliate, the reporter announces a new position as Director of Communications in the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office.

After eight years as an on-air reporter for WJBK-TV (Fox 2), Erika Erickson separated from the station and accepted a position as director of communications in the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office.

Erickson, who has been away for most of the year due to medical issues, announced his move on social media on Monday.

“I’m back to work now! It’s just elsewhere,” Erickson wrote in a post shared on his social media. “I am deeply saddened to say goodbye to Fox 2 and my friends who are much more like family there, all of you who have logged in … and especially those of you who have left me. tell their stories. ”

Erickson, 37, had been a Fox 2 reporter since 2013. The Canton Township native and Wayne State graduate was hired by the Fox branch after working in Traverse City for three years.

“While this isn’t how I wanted to say goodbye to Fox 2, I know I will always see my Fox 2 family and I know that’s what’s best for me right now,” wrote Erickson.

“As Huel Perkins would say, ‘Stay tuned …'”

In September, Erickson publicly announced that she was suffering from cervicogenic headaches, a common, recurring form of headache that begins in the neck and causes one-sided pain.

She had surgery in August “to cut angry nerves” in the left side of her neck, she said; it was his second such surgery, the first on the right side of his neck. She detailed episodes of nausea, dizziness and vertigo, and said she was unable to fully turn her neck from side to side.

Erickson said the physical demands of his television job – working in a truck, leaning over mounting racks, reporting in unpredictable weather conditions – were too physically demanding to continue in the field.

“My body was screaming at me for so long and I didn’t listen,” she said. “Now I am.”

[email protected]



Comments are closed.